Wednesday 18 January 2012

Nick Cannon Focuses On Kids After Health Scare

Nick Cannon had a warning for Howard Stern Tuesday: You’re going to work way longer hours than you expect as an “America’s Got Talent” judge this summer.


Cannon, who hosts “America’s Got Talent,” said judges can put in three 12-hour days in a row. Stern said in that case, the new judge may fall asleep.


Cannon and Stern joined for a rare live broadcast on WXRK (92.3 FM), where Cannon hosts the morning show, and Stern’s show on SiriusXM.


Stern, of course, used to host the 92.3 FM morning show, while Cannon was returning to the air after a long break to recover from what he called mild kidney failure.


Cannon, who has temporarily adapted a strict renal diet, said that his time in the hospital made all of the important things very clear. "There's a second where you're thinking, 'What if I'm not able to instill the things I want to instill into my children?' It just makes you think, like, 'I need to give them everything I could possibly give them right now,' and obviously it starts with love."


The radio and stand-up comedy host was hospitalized during a vacation with his family in Aspen, Colorado, after experiencing severe pains in his lower back. Doctors initially suspected kidney stones as the culprit, before more tests showed that his kidneys were shutting down due to an overdose of protein, medication he was taking and a lack of proper sustenance.


"I always considered myself as someone who was in great shape, but I was doing too much [to my body] so my immune system got confused and just started attacking my kidneys," Cannon told MTV News. "You look at my Twitter picture and I look like I'm in shape, but I was putting the wrong stuff into my body, speeding all the time, not sleeping and eating properly. It's all about taking time and really caring about yourself and how you fuel yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment